Supporting Maths Assessment in Year 6 is an opportunity for teachers to reflect on what children have learnt and retained this academic year and consider how well their pupils are achieving against age related expectations. It will also provide opportunities for professional dialogue with other colleagues to compare judgements and reflect on next steps to aid transition.
Why should I attend?
This has been a turbulent year, especially for children and their learning. This twilight session will support teachers in their end of year approaches to assessing children’s attainment and progress in mathematics.
What will the course cover?
Participants will have the opportunity to
- explore the statutory and non-statutory guidance and resources available
- consider the assessment opportunities that can be gained through games, activities, & investigations
- share and moderate a few examples of children’s work to support teacher assessment and judgements
- consider gaps in learning and how to address them.
- network with other year 6 teachers and 7 teachers interested in transition and progress.
Who should attend?
- Year 6 Teachers
- Year 7
- School Assessment Leads
- Maths Subject Leaders
£50 Pay as you go
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Stephen Noon
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk