This course has been devised for primary and secondary EAL Teaching assistants. It gives them an opportunity to increase their knowledge and understanding of how to support pupils with EAL in schools.
Why should I attend?
- Teaching assistant in primary schools
- Teaching assistant in secondary schools
What will the course cover?
- Aspects of diversity, bilingualism, importance of 1st and 2nd language acquisition
- Admission and induction of new EAL pupils, particularly those who are beginners.
- Supporting EAL pupils in developing oracy and literacy skills in English
- Expectations: confidentiality, punctuality, registration
Who should attend?
- Teaching Assistant
- Learning Support Assistant
BDSIP Members – pay as you go £50
Non BDSIP members – pay as you go £62.50
CPD Package No charge
Schools outside of LBBD - pay as you go £62.50
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Shaheena Khan
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk