This training supports Lead Moderators and trainee leads to refresh their skills, explore how to lead an external moderation, and support other moderators. Please bring 2/3 examples of children’s independent maths work (which may include video evidence) to share. Please take a photo of it or have your camera/ visualiser nearby to show it or scan it into a PowerPoint.
Why should I attend?
• Explore the latest requirements and updates from STA
• Consider the process involved in leading a moderation
• Discuss any new processes that may have to be undertaken depending on the Covid-19 situation
• Moderate samples of children’s work with colleagues
What will the course cover?
• consider the range and quality of evidence needed to make accurate teacher assessment in maths by the end of KS1
• share government documentation
• share the structuring and format of a Local Authority external moderation visit in light of any restrictions
• develop the skill of assessing children’s work within a professional discussion framework to come to an agreed judgement
• explore how to support and develop newer moderators
• Share ideas for good practice
Who should attend?
KS1 maths lead moderators
- Free to all eligible attendees – KS1 lead moderators
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Liz Lawrence
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk