This training supports Lead Moderators to refresh their skills, explore how to lead an external moderation, and support other moderators. As well as working within the new Covid restrictions. Teachers will share children’s work and come to agreed judgements about children’s attainment.
Why should I attend?
To work with Lead Moderators to:
• Explore the latest requirements and updates from Government, STA and DFE
• Work with moderators to consider the process involved in leading a moderation
• Discuss the new processes that may have to be undertaken considering the Covid-19 situation
• Moderate samples of children’s work with colleagues
What will the course cover?
- Consider the range and quality of evidence needed to make accurate teacher assessment in Reading and Writing by the end of KS1
- Share government documentation
- Share the structuring and format of a Local Authority external moderation visit in light of the new restrictions
- To develop the skill of assessing children’s work within a professional discussion framework to come to an agreed judgement
- Explore how to support and develop newer moderators
- Explore what makes a Working Towards/ Expected/ Greater Depth Piece of reading and writing in Year 2
- Share ideas for good practise
Who should attend?
Primary and Special Schools
Curriculum and School Improvement
Courses for moderators are free
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Nicola Wix
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk