This training will provide practitioners with an opportunity to: • reflect on the importance of exploration, investigation and enquiry • develop understanding of the process of enquiry • discuss strategies for finding out about how children engage with and make sense of their world, people, places, events, objects, materials • consider how EYFS Outcomes can support practitioners to assess and plan for understanding the world
Why should I attend?
- To develop your knowledge and understanding on how science is taught to young children
- To build up a bank of ideas on how best to deliver science in EYFS
- Develop your knowledge and understanding of the process of enquiry
What will the course cover?
- Practical ideas for introducing science to young children
- Planning opportunities for exploration, investigation and enquiry
- Using a range of strategies for assessment and planning and tracking children’s progress in Understanding the world
Who should attend?
Subject Lead/ Coordinator
Learning Support Assistant
BDSIP Members – pay as you go £200
Non BDSIP members – pay as you go £250
CPD Package No charge
Schools outside of LBBD – pay as you go £250
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Liz Lawrence
at liz.lawrence@BDSIP.co.uk or
Susan Hodgson at
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk