This workshop/course will allow teachers to explore the expectations for attainment at the end of KS2. Teachers will share children’s work and come to agreed judgements about children’s attainment. Please bring 2/3 examples of children’s independent writing work to share. Please take a photo of it or have your camera/ visualiser nearby to show it or scan into a PowerPoint.
Why should I attend?
This course will provide teachers with the opportunity to discuss their children’s work and moderate their judgements in line with the Assessment Framework for KS2 in Writing.
What will the course cover?
- Consider the range of evidence needed to make appropriate teacher assessment by the end of KS2
- Discuss the expectations for the gathering of work to use as evidence to support judgments.
- Share government documentation
- Briefly share the structuring and format of a Local Authority external moderation visit.
- Look at one another’s work from across the Borough with colleagues and make judgements based on our evidence so far in line with the Assessment Framework for KS2.
- To develop the skill of assessing children’s work within a professional discussion framework to come to an agreed judgement
- Explore what makes a Working Towards/ Expected/ Greater Depth Piece of writing in Year 6
- Share ideas for good practise
Who should attend?
Primary and Special Schools
Curriculum and School Improvement
BDSIP Members – pay as you go £50
Non BDSIP members – pay as you go £62.50
CPD Package No charge
Schools outside of LBBD – pay as you go £62.50
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Nicola Wix
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk