This course explores how to structure a unit of work, for pupils in years 1 and 2, using a high-quality text in order to achieve pupil enjoyment , deep learning and good quality outcomes.
Why should I attend?
To explore the entire writing process of writing, which builds up over a unit of work using a high-quality text.
What will the course cover?
Training will provide practitioners with an opportunity to:
- Consider the process of writing and how engagement for children leads to high-quality outcomes.
- Discuss the teaching of writing with a view to enhancing enjoyment, quality whilst attaining good outcomes.
- Examine the need for immersion in reading.
- Consider how to structure writing, allowing for independence.
- Look at planning and the planning sequence.
- Share and demonstrate the use of high quality texts.
- Analyse how discrete and contextualised grammar can be part of a unit of work.
- Explore strategies for differentiation.
- Share practical teaching methods
Who should attend?
Primary and Special Schools
Curriculum and School Improvement
BDSIP Members – pay as you go £50
Non BDSIP members – pay as you go £62.50
CPD Package No charge
Schools outside of LBBD – pay as you go £62.50
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Nicola Wix
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk