For this term we have spread out a range of sessions which would normally have been part of the annual conference. The training will be accessible to all and may necessitate access to a computer or at least some online facility. Training will be no more than 60 minutes duration and held on Zoom for this term. All governors registering will be sent a link to join the Zoom session. There will be opportunities to discuss and ask questions.
Leading Governors - key themes looking ahead
What are the key themes for governors this term and over the year? This session is an excellent opportunity to discuss with key officers about the new requirements on schools and the important areas of advice for governors and school leaders for this year. We will include:
- Visits to schools by Ofsted this term – what’s the focus and how should we prepare and respond?
- Curriculum challenges and examination outcomes
- The New Agreed Syllabus for RE
- School plans for Remote Education
- Safeguarding updates: “Keeping Children Safe”
Session Leaders: Jane Hargreaves, Commissioning Director for Education; and Ian Starling, Head of Schools Performance and Partnerships