The workshop will allow teachers to share children’s work and come to agreed judgements about children’s attainment. Please bring 2/3 examples of children’s writing work to share. Please take a photo of it or have your camera/ visualiser nearby to show it or scan into a PowerPoint.
Why should I attend?
• To develop the skill of assessing children’s work within a professional discussion framework to come to an agreed judgement
What will the course cover?
• Look at one another’s work from across the Borough
• Explore what makes a Working Towards/ Expected/ Greater Depth Piece of writing in Year 5
• Take part in a polite professional discussion
• Share ideas for good practise
This is a course that requires participation as you will be sharing and discussing your children’s work. Without these it will be very difficult to fully participate.
You will need:
- A microphone (in built into your laptop or a external) as you will need to discuss work.
- A visualiser if you are not going to make a powerpoint of your children’s work
- Children’s independent work WTS/ EXS/ GDS. The work should be scanned in and placed into a power point as you will share your work. If you do not have a powerpoint of the children’s work then you will need to have access to a visualiser to share this.
- Access to the rubric sheet, which will be sent to you beforehand.
- To be prepared to show your face as it is very hard to have discussions with a blank screen.
Who should attend?
Primary and Special Schools
Curriculum and School Improvement
BDSIP Members – £50
CPD Package No charge
Schools outside LBBD £62.50
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Nicola Wix
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk