This short course is designed to support teachers with planning to meet the needs of SEND learners in their classes.
Why should I attend?
The session will provide a brief introduction to meeting the needs of SEND learners in a mainstream classroom.
Delegates will have the opportunity to ask questions about SEND and meeting the needs of SEND learners in their classroom.
What will it cover?
The course will cover:
- the Code of Practice for SEND
- the four broad areas of need as outlined in the Code of Practice
- identification of SEND and possible indicators
- roles and responsibilities for meeting the needs of SEND learners
- how to implement the graduated response to SEND
- making reasonable adjustments in the classroom
- useful resources to inform classroom practice
Who should attend?
Class teachers and teaching assistants but this will be particularly useful for colleagues who are new in post.
BDSIP Members – £50
Non BDSIP members – £62.50
CPD Package No charge
Schools outside of LBBD - £62.50
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Pauline Drew at Pauline.Drew@bdsip.co.uk
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk