Hosted by Georgia Thorp, this course will equip staff with this powerful tool to empower pupils to recognise their feelings and needs to find solutions that will help them.
Why should I attend?
You will learnhow to use this powerful tool which empowers pupils to transform any ‘judging and blaming’ thinking into an understanding of their own feelings and needs so they are able to find solutions that will help them.
What will it cover?
Delegates will learn how to:
- implement the ’Jackal and Giraffe Steps’ to empower children’s thinking
- how to listen with empathy and without judgement or blame
- how to identify feelings and needs
- support a child to explore solutions.
Who should attend?
Staff working with primary school children
Previous feedback from B&D delegates on Georgia's sessions:
- The content will be useful for my future practice - 4.3 out of 5 average rating
- The trainer was knowledgeable - 4.7 out of 5 average rating
- The materials supported my learning - 4.5 out of 5 average rating
- I would recommend the training to my colleagues - 4.3 out of 5 average rating
- 'The resources and trainer were excellent'
- 'Made me think about things in different ways'
BDSIP Members – £50
Non BDSIP members – £62.50
CPD Package No charge
Schools outside of LBBD - £62.50
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Rebecca Mawson at Rebecca.Mawson@bdsip.co.uk
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk