This half-day online course will consider ways of taking high quality Geography forward within your primary school.
The first part of the course will review long and/or medium term plans in your schools: your 'Intent' for the subject. Participants are asked to send examples of their planning in advance. The course builds on the Curriculum Development Day in March, although those who did not attend that session are very welcome to participate.
In the second part of the course, we will look at the potential of local area studies and fieldwork. This will include a consideration of how such work can be carried out in the immediate future, supported by advice and guidance from subject associations and other leading agencies.
Course leader Ben Ballin is a member of the Primary Geography journal editorial board and leads subject networks in Shropshire, Staffordshire and Havering.
Why should I attend?
By the end of this course you will have:
- Considered curriculum intent for your school’s long and medium-term Geography planning
- Reviewed sequencing within your school Geography curriculum
- Identified resourcing and support for high quality Geography implementation
- Become familiar with strategies and support for local area studies and fieldwork
- Considered ways of assessing local area studies and fieldwork
- Become familiar with advice and guidance on outdoor elements of Geography in the post-lockdown and recovery period
What will it cover?
- Reviewing, supporting and quality assuring your school’s long and medium-term Geography planning
- Exploring strategies and support for local area studies and fieldwork
- Sharing advice and guidance on outdoor elements of Geography in the post-lockdown and recovery period
The course builds on the Primary Geography Curriculum Development Day in March, although those who did not attend that session are very welcome to participate.
Who is it for?
CPD Package Schools = Free
BDSIP member schools = £120
Non member schools = £150
This course will take place online via Zoom. The log in details will be sent alongside your booking confirmation. Please check you junk email inbox if you do not receive your confirmation email.
Delegates are quested to send examples of their Geography planning to course leader Ben Ballin in advance of the course.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact the course leader:
Name: Ben Ballin
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact: