Building confidence and capacity to lead and manage history across your school
Who is it for: All Primary History Subject Leaders
This one-day course will equip you to lead and manage history in your school. You will leave with a better understanding of the national curriculum for history and able to put it into place in your school with a range of exciting and practical teaching strategies. You will explore what is meant by ‘historical enquiry’ and have a sound understanding of how to teach the skills of history and develop your own ‘professional subject knowledge’ to be able to lead others.
- Ensure your long-term curriculum map is in place to cover the whole of the National Curriculum for Primary History
- Have a clear sense of what it means for children to progress in history through the primary school and strategies to ‘check’ (assess) that this is taking place
- Be able to articulate curriculum and assessment in terms of ‘Intent’ and ‘Impact’
- Gain confidence about how to teach history well in the primary school (‘Implementation’) and ensuring medium-term plans are in place for each unit: teaching knowledge and skills
- Grow in confidence in leading and managing history across your school context.
Course Leader: Patricia Hannam: County Inspector/Adviser RE, History & Philosophy. Hampshire Inspection and Advisory Service (HIAS). Hampshire Children’s Services.
Pat has a high level of expertise in primary history and years of experience in leading training with teachers in school. She leads a team of primary teachers developing materials and other guidance available to schools. Teachers always leave her courses feeling more knowledgeable and inspired to transform their own practice in school.
**Upon registration you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive the confirmation email within a few minutes of signing up, please check your junk mail folder just in case the confirmation email is delivered there instead of your inbox. If so, select the confirmation message and click ‘not junk’, which will allow future messages to get through including any relevant pre-course information or changes**