This two-part course will focus on the next steps in being an effective subject leader. It is aimed at colleagues who have either attended the First Steps in Subject Leadership training (2018/19) or have been a subject leader for a minimum of one year.
This is a half day course
Why should I attend?
- To consider where you are now as a subject leader, and where you want to be
- To consider how to make the necessary changes in practice
What will it cover?
- Different leadership styles
- Evaluating an action plan
- Using monitoring to identify priorities and actions for your subject, including lesson observation and team teaching
- How to run a staff meeting
- Working in a team and challenging people
Who should go?
- Middle Leader
- Subject Lead/ Coordinator
This is a half day course.
Upon registration our booking system will correctly display the cost of this course based on your school package status.
- CPD Package subscribers: There will be no charge for this course for schools who have purchased the CPD Package.
- Pay as you go BDSIP members: For schools that have not bought the CPD Package, there will be a charge of £120 per delegate for BDSIP members.
- Pay as you go non-members: There will be a charge of £150 per delegate for schools which do not currently have BDSIP membership.
CLC, Adult College, 241–247 Parsloes Avenue, Dagenham, RM9 5DF
If you can’t attend, or if a colleague will be attending in your place, please inform us as soon as you can before the event.
Cancellations less than five working days before the course may still be charged.
Who to contact
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact the course leader, Gillian Bratley, at: email@example.com
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org