This training course for all EYFS practitioners will help you to support young learners with EAL.
Why should I attend?
This training will provide practitioners with an opportunity to:
- Understand some key principles and strategies in relation to English as an additional language (EAL)
- Develop an understanding of the distinctive needs of children who have EAL and strategies for supporting them
- Think about ways in which we can build a culturally inclusive environment
- Think about ways in which we can build on our existing relationships with the parents
- Have an awareness of the frameworks to support EAL
Who should go?
- Nursery Practitioners
- Reception Practitioners
- New Practitioners
- Barking and Dagenham schools: There will be no charge for any schools in Barking and Dagenham.
- Other schools: There will be a charge of £150 per delegate for schools outside of the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham.
Alibon Children’s Centre Annexe, Sterry Road, Dagenham, RM10 8PT
If you can’t attend, please inform us as soon as you can before the event.
Cancellations less than 48 hours before the course may still be charged.
Who to contact
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact the course leader, Susan Hodgson, at: Susan.Hodgson@lbbd.gov.uk
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact: email@example.com