This 6-hour one day accredited course provides de-escalation strategies and basic positive handling techniques to deal with challenging behaviour and encourage positive relationships.
This is a full day course.
This practical, interactive training is for anyone working in a primary and secondary school who would benefit from understanding and being able to implement holistic behaviour management.
Participants will receive a course workbook and on successful completion, a certificate.
The certificate for this course is valid for 36 months.
Why should I attend?
- To gain full understanding of the rationale and principles of the Team Teach approach
- To be fully aware of which strategies are most appropriate for any given situation, and to gain a far deeper understanding of the causes of disruptive behaviour
- To be equipped with the expertise and confidence to stay safe, to carry out simple de-escalation strategies, and to apply basic positive handling
What will it cover?
- Module 1 – Background to Team Teach
- Module 2 – The Legal Framework
- Module 3 – Understanding Aggression
- Module 4 – How Feelings Drive Behaviours
- Module 5 – De-escalation and De-fusion
- Module 6 – Personal Safety
- Module 7 – Positive Handling – mainly guiding and escorting safely
- Module 8 – Repair, Reflection and Review
Who should go?
- ARP Leads
- Senior Leaders
- Middle Leaders
- Heads of Department
- Deputy Heads
- Subject Leads/ Coordinators
- Teaching Assistants
- Learning Support Assistants
This is a full day, accredited course.
£125 for all delegates
Aspire, Warren Junior School, Gordon Rd, Dagenham, Romford RM6 6DA
If you can’t attend, or if a colleague will be attending in your place, please inform us as soon as you can before the event.
Cancellations less than five working days before the course may still be charged.
Who to contact
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact the course leader, Ivy Hoolas, at: email@example.com
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
**Upon registration you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive the confirmation email within a few minutes of signing up, please check your junk mail folder just in case the confirmation email is delivered there instead of your inbox. If so, select the confirmation message and click ‘not junk’, which will allow future messages to get through including any relevant pre-course information or changes**